{jathumbnail off}


Head of the Library

Zhanna SHVED

 

Address: 220005, Minsk, Masherova Ave., 6, room 438
Telephone:
+375-17-289-21-58
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


The library was founded in 1958 at the same time with the opening of the Minsk Office of the faculty of extra mural studies at the Moscow higher school of the Interior Ministry of the USSR, and since 1976 (when the Minsk school of the Interior Ministry of the USSR was launched) was transformed into a general library.

In 1994, after the founding of the Academy of the Interior Ministry of the Republic of Belarus, the libraries were opened at the faculty of corrections and the faculty of investigators.

Nowadays the staff of the library consists of 22 employees. The library contains more than 230 000 documents.

The main directions of activity:

1. Full and expeditious provision of library services for readers in accordance with their information requests;
2. Formation of the library funds in accordance with the profile of the Academy and information needs of readers;
3. Use of modern media, along with traditional pieces of print, creation of an electronic library;
4. Organization and maintenance of a reference and bibliographic apparatus and data bases;
5. Interaction with the libraries of other higher education institutions within the Consortium for analytical documents labeling LibCARD to create the consolidated directory based on the format BELMARC.

The structure of the Central Library includes:

1. Customer service: subscription; reading room; research room for the teaching staff;
2. The reference and bibliographic sector;
3. The sector of acquisition and processing of literature.

Branches:
Branch No. 1 is a library of the faculty of investigators (Bagration str., 85).
Branch No. 2 is a library of the faculty of corrections (Angarskaya str., 19).